Search This Blog

1.26.2010

The List so far...

So, like I said, to get things rolling we wanted to put up a list of places that we've been and loved, with local, organic, sustainable food. To me, these are places you can go and feel really good about what you're eating (my mouth is watering as I type this list!!!) and also about the fact that you're supporting folks who are doing something awesome. In fact, if I visit any of these cities, these restaurants are all places I can't/won't miss. The menus are usually fascinating to read, which is especially good if you drop in solo. We'll probably do full reviews at later dates (because we'll surely go again). Over the next week or two, I'll try to do mini retro reviews of all of them.

The list is a little shorter than I'd like it to be, mainly for two reasons. One, lots of places aren't doing local, organic, sustainable (dare I say, especially on the east coast???). Two, we tend to go back to the same places!

We're certainly looking to build up the list, so suggestions are absolutely welcome!

Asheville, NC
Early Girl Eatery

Athens, OH:
Casa Nueva

Columbus, OH:
Jeni's (ice cream)
North Star Cafe
Rigsby's Kitchen

Las Vegas, NV:
RM Seafood

Morgantown, WV:
Richwood Grill

New York, NY:
Angelica Kitchen
Applewood

Orlando, FL:
Primo

Pittsburgh, PA:
Bona Terra

Tampa, FL:
Bern's

Washington, DC:
Restaurant Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment