Search This Blog

1.26.2010

Minifesto?

I read the word "minifesto" on a cereal box the other day. Maybe this is the beginning of our minifesto...

So, my sis, my brother-in-law, and my best friend and I are going to try to put some of our detective work to good use. For the past couple of years we've been really enjoying digging up new places to eat when we travel, or even when we just hang out locally. Like I said in the our "profile" info, we always look for local, organic, sustainable. (I'm probably the biggest stickler for that, and if I don't know where the meat came from, I'll order vegetarian.)

In the beginning, my brother-in-law was kind of surprised by my ability to find sometimes "unusual" places to eat, and my sis was often apprehensive about the menus. (Haley's always been a good sport, up for anything.)

We decided to work on a blog (and my sis may not realize this) a couple of weeks ago after we dined at Rigsby's Kitchen in Columbus, OH. Mindy (my sis), who as I said is often the most apprehensive, really just dug into the menu before anyone else. And I was so impressed, because she has really changed in that regard. I mean, we all grew up thinking that eating out at Red Lobster was LIVING. We're from super small towns, and we don't fancy ourselves *foodies* or super-sophisticated. We often have questions that any other average person might have, and we thought we could pass on some of the answers to others who are looking for similar experiences. (And give SHOUT OUTS to fabulous restaurants at the same time!)

What we'll try to do are restaurant reviews in a standardized format, that are super-helpful. And then Jeff, Mindy, and Haley will all post on some of their own topics, food-related of course. For example, Jeff and Mindy have a bunch of kids and they are starting a push with their family for *better* food at home...

Our first restaurant review will be this weekend. Haley and I are going local in Morgantown, WV at Richwood Grill for the "Rum and Single Origin Chocolate Dinner." Plus, I'm going to put up a list of some of our favs from all over, to get things rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment